Promotion – giving away shots of liquor in the streetPosted November 30 2023
A post on Instagram. The person in the video says “December has arrived and since every day in December is Friday, we are going to give away shots of liquor”.
The video and the marketing strategy behind it is perverse for several reasons:
1. It associates a holiday season, traditionally a time of family celebrations in Colombia, with the use of alcohol.
2. The marketing tactic makes alcohol available during working hours, as in the video it appears that several of the people to whom the product is given away are at their workplaces.
3. It is not clear how the person complies with what the law in Colombia says about protecting children and adolescents from offering or supplying alcoholic beverages, as the promotional video does not show that the person is asking for the identification document.
4. The video does not comply with Colombia’s Law 124 of 1994, which requires that all advertising, identification or promotion of alcoholic beverages must make explicit reference to the prohibition established in that law.
- Company: Fábrica de Licores de Antioquia
- Brand: Aguardiente Antioqueño